(V, VG, DF, P) - Serves 4
Cooking time - 25 mins Prep time - 5 mins
This heart warming soup will have you coming back for more. Quick & easy to make, it is a winner all round.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 large spanish onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100g red lentils
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & cut into bite size chunks
- 2 large carrots, peeled & cut into bite sized chunks
- 1.2 litres of vegetable stock
- 1 large can of butter beans, rinsed & drained (or beans of your choice)
- Handful of fresh flat leaf parsely, roughly chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium heat & add onion. Saute for 5 mins until softened but not browned. Add garlic & fry for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients & bring to the boil.
- Reduce & simmer for 15-20 mins until the carrot & sweet potato are cooked through.
- Add seasoning.
Tried & tested by Nikki!
V - Vegetarian VG - Vegan DF - Dairy free P - Paleo GF - Gluten free