- Serves 5
- Prep time - 15 mins
- Cooking time - 30-35 mins
This recipe feels like an indulgence but coming in at around 400 kcals per portion it will soon become a family favourite. All the taste without hurting the waist!
- 4 tsp oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 1 medium leek, cut into thin slices
- 250ml water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 4 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces.
- 100g ham, sliced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 300g fat free quark
- 3 sheets of filo pastry about 30cm x 35cm
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan & fry onion & garlic for 5 mins until soft
- Add leek and cook for another minute.
- Add the chicken, stock cube, water & flour.
- Simmer until the chicken is browned and the liquid reduced by about half.
- Add the ham.
- Add the quark and mix thoroughly.
- Season to taste
- Add the contents of the pan into a 1.5 litre pie dish.
- Preheat oven to 200oC/Fan 180/Gas 6.
- Lay the filo sheets on top of each other and cut into 9 rectangular strips.
- One at the time brush the pastry rectangle with a little oil and loosely scrunch it up and place closely together until the top of the pie is completely covered.
- Bake for 30-35 mins until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with green vegetables.