- Serves: 4
- Prep time:10 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
This is a finger-licking good recipe for chicken & chips and the family won’t even realise it’s a healthier option!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 150g wholemeal bread (about 4 slices)
- 4 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsb salt
- 25g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 4 tbsp fat free natural yoghurt
- 1-2 tbsp plain flour
- Fresh ground pepper
- 5-6 large potatoes, peeled & cut into wedges
- Spray oil (Frylight)
- Paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220oC/Fan 200oC/Gas 7.
- Place the bread in a food processor & blitz into crumbs.
- Tip beadcrumbs into a large bowl & mix in herbs, salt, pepper & parmesan cheese
- Spoon yoghurt onto a plate & sprinkle flour onto another plate
- Take a chicken breast & coat lightly in flour then dip into yoghurt until even covered.
- Then place chicken into the crumb mixture until you get a thick crust all over
- Put chicken onto a lined baking tray
- Put the potato wedges onto a baking tray & spray with spray oil & season with salt & paprika.
- Place potato wedges & chicken into oven & bake for 25-30 mins until golden & crisp
- Leave to stand for 4-5 mins before serving
- Serve with salad.