At new years, there is no need to get super fancy with your cocktails, simpler the better and if it's relatively healthy it's a bonus.
This cocktail with fresh pomegranate adds flavor to your champagne which on New Years is often readily available.
- 1 Chilled Bottle of Champagne or Prosecco works too
- 1 Fresh Pomegranate
- Cut the pomegranate in half
- Deseed the pomegranate
- Add most of the seeds (saving a few to garnish) to a blender
- Blend for 10-15 seconds
- Place a sieve over a bowel and pour into sieve
- Press pulp through sieve using back of a spoon
- Add about 5ml of the pomegranate juice to the champagne flute pour in the champagne
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds (optional)
A glass of this beautiful pomegranate champagne will be under 200 calories.