Are you bored of your usual snacks? Here's something to get your taste buds buzzing again! Homemade muesli bars, half the price of the Supermarket ones and more filling! We call them Sunshine Bars to brighten up your day!
- 100g dried tropical fruit or other mixed fruit
- 100g porridge oats
- 50g puffed rice cereal (rice krispies)
- 85g desiccated coconut
- 50g sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 60g light muscovado sugar
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- 60g butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Melt butter, honey and sugar in a pan until melted and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix until well blended and tip into 8in tin.
- Press down to even out the surface and leave to cool and set for 2 hours.
- Done! Enjoy!
(Top tip: if you want to cut down on sugar in recipes use honey instead!)