A healthy snack anytime of the day, these homemade Almond Granola Bars will satisfy your snack craving.
This recipe has been tested and modified by one of Daniel Jeal's clients who also happens to be a private chef, so she know's what she's doing in the kitchen.
- 75g/3oz sunflower seeds
- 50g/2oz sesame seeds
- 125g/41/2oz blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 100g/4oz butter
- 50g/4oz coconut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 150g/5oz mix of spelt and rye flakes and porridge oats
- Preheat the oven to 190oC, 375OF, Gas Mark 5 and lightly grease a 15cm x 20cm/6in x 8in tin.
- Arrange the seeds on a non-stick baking tray with the almonds and roast in the preheated oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly. Leave oven on.
- Heat the butter, sugar and honey in a pan until combined.
- Mix the oats with the seeds and nuts then combine with the honey and butter.
- Press into the prepared baking tin and bake for 25minutes.
- Remove, mark into 12 squares and leave to cool before cutting.